Our sustainable approach
Through a self-funding mechanism, we create support for governments, leverage for industries and drive accelerated impact over the long term
An enduring ecosystem of innovation
The fundamental problem with the antibiotic and public health markets is the disparity between need, and the ability or willingness to pay.
So increased need but reduced financial reward equates to reduced interest in innovation, leading to over-use, and increased rates of resistance requiring more and faster innovation.
Aranda cuts through this disparity by focusing on innovative pricing for an entire portfolio of therapeutics – flat fees, subscription pricing based on disease prevalence, advance purchase commitments and so on.
By doing so we create a virtuous cycle:
- Governments and multilateral buyers get certainty of patient access.
- Aranda investors get a higher certainty of an attractive return and…
- Innovators take on more R&D, given lower investment risks and greater certainty of returns for their shareholders and the global community.
An innovative capital structure
Aranda is designed to be an enduring mechanism through which we will create pull for new scientific innovation. We are mission-driven, so we will continually re-invest in driving patient outcomes, thus creating new opportunities and helping humanity stay ahead of bacterial resistance.
Our capital structure is based on blended finance – combining public capital with private financing via partner investors.
We increase certainty of revenue through long-term, fixed price deals with countries for a portfolio of essential and late-stage therapeutics, and diagnostic consumables where we can.
We reduce investor risk by operating across multiple countries and with a wide portfolio of therapeutics.
We provide the dual benefits of attractive investor and social returns via driving positive health outcomes in low- and middle-income countries.
A sustainable business model for social impact.
Sustainability is driven by aligned interests:
- Countries access therapeutics when they cannot currently do so.
- Innovators gain markets where there are otherwise none.
- Investors gain a new model for receiving positive returns for private capital while creating social impact.
- And people worldwide benefit from access to and increased supply of new, targeted antimicrobial innovations.
CONNECT WITH US
We provide an opportunity to establish a commercial business designed to solve one of the world’s most intractable problems